Today has been a horrible day for me.
Firstly, I woke up early, even though i was able to finally sleep in late. It was upsetting, but i think i can live through that. For these past two days, i haven't been able to eat properly. I just don't feel hungry at all. Usually, i eat at least on piece of toast and drink tea but recently, i've only had tea and i am never hungry for lunch or dinner. Of course, i do eat something because i know i need the energy. It may sound really small, but to me, it is pretty bad because usually i am pretty hungry after school and at dinner.
I was upstairs in the study room after breakfast, sitting at my computer, listening to music, chatting to a friend and reading a story online. Suddenly, my grandma called me. I replied back 'What?' and she goes 'i fell down' (all in chinese of course). I quickly raced down the stairs. She was on the floor. She had mopped the floor earlier and had forgot about it and when she passed by to hang up the washing, she had slipped on it. Thankfully she didn't fall down too hard and went down on her knees. But gosh, it was so frightening. Something bad could've happened (touch wood). This isn't the first time she has slipped and thankfully, each time, she had managed to only minorly injure herself. But for an old person like her, it is not very good.
I had made plans to go city with Thuy, Karin and Ken to the city. But i was also worried about my grandma. Despite the fall, she had insisted on still going to my auntie's place, buying grocery and going to the bank on the way, all by herself. I just didn't have the heart to let her go by herself, especially since she was limping a little. So i decided to cancel on my friends and accompany my grandma.
On the bus trip, i was ripped off 50cents because the bus driver had miss counted the money but i only noticed afterwards when my grandma had asked me where the change was. But this is really a minor problem of my horrible day.
So we went to buy groceries that my grandma had been asked to buy from my auntie. And my grandma suggested that maybe i could just meet my friends later. So i called up Thuy and told her that i could still come and that i would meet them in the city.
We went to the bank and then to the train station, where i bought a return ticket to Tempe. I had to slowly walk down the stairs with my grandma because she was sorta limping her way down. And we waited fro 21 minutes for a train to come. At Tempe, we had to go up and down some flights of stairs which was not good for my grandma as her leg was still hurting. Then we had to walk to get to my auntie's house. When we were a little past halfway there, my uncle drove by, saw us and stopped. They picked us up and drove us the rest of the way to my auntie's house. They dropped me off at Sydenham station first. Turns out i didn't need the return ticket to Tempe because there were no gates at Tempe. So i caught the train to Central where i met up with Thuy, Karin and Ken.
Let me just say, it was a very awkward situation. Ken would just not talk at all and we would try to talk and just end up with awkward silences. At capitol, it took us a while to choose a photo booth because no one wanted to decided which booth to take it in. Then, the pictures were just plain awkward. Ken had exchanged, i think, a 20 note for all these one dollar coins and as we were going out of the booth to go to the decorating section, he didn't take then and going karin gave them to me to hold for now. I kept offering to hand them back to him, but he kept asking me to 'hold it for him'. Now i have nothing against him, but i somehow, think that the implied message of that was to just keep it. And hey, it's free money..i think. But i'm not that kind of girl. I just don't accept money from anyone, even my friends unless they owed me so i would be very offended if he was implying that i keep the money. Eventually, after continuously asking (only a couple, i'm exaggerating), i gave up and gave the coins to karin. Let me just get something straight. If i had a boyfriend, i would be very grateful when he sometimes paid for me. But, i don't expect him to pay for me every time. I don't want to be those kind of people who just use their boyfriends so that they can pay for everything i want. If i want something, i should get it with my own money or not get it at all. I don't want to have to rely on my boyfriend to pay for everything that i want. Ok..glad i got that straight.
Anyways, being around Ken was rather awkward. I mean, when i was alone with Steven that one time, it wasn't even as awkward as it was when all 3 of us were with him. So when we met up with Phoebe and her boyfriend to go and play snooker, me and thuy decided to ditch karin and go somewhere else. Karin seemed genuinely disappointed but me and thuy just couldn't take the awkwardness any longer.
We went to get the infamous fish balls which were as yummy as always! And then we went back home. I missed the bus by the time i arrived back at hurstville so i walked home, even though my feet were sorta starting to hurt. I came home to a grumpy dad who had found out about my grandma falling down.
It was okay for a while. Even though i was tired, i watched 'Pursuit of Happyness' with my sister.
Hell broke lose when my grandma came home. My dad just started arguing non-stop. Scolding grandma for not being careful, telling us that we shouldn't leave the bathroom floor wet and then just talking about anything really. He was so freaking annoying! All i wanted to do to him was say in a really calm voice "Can you shut up! It's not grandma's fault that she fell over. It was an ACCIDENT. She didn't mean for it to happen so stop scolding her like it was. Neither was it any of our fault so don't blame us either. All you have been doing since grandma came home is nag, nag and nag. It's not helping at all! You are just putting all of us in very bad moods and you are just making the situation worse. So can you please shut up!" Of course, i said none of this and just quietly fumed.
So what was suppose to be an alright day, albeit awkward as we all know it would be, turned out to be hell.
I really can't breathe anymore. Every breath i take leaves me tired and more lifeless than ever. I feel as if i am suffocating. Why can't i be happy? Don't i deserve to be happy?
Please, let my grandma be safe. I know that i had just asked for happiness, but i would give it all away if it meant that my grandma would be safe and healthy. Just please, please let her be okay.
~Aurora
Friday, October 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Hi Vivs,
It's me, Luce. I'm sorry you had a bad day. If this is any consolation, everyone has their share of blues.
I hope your grandma is okay. Are there any bruises? Is she still limping, and does she look as though she has a pained expression? If she does, go see the doctor with her. But really, I know from personal experience, that she will be alright again. But yes, I know what you mean when she is an old woman and she falls down- it can be very bad, especially to the bones. I think you should ask her if she is alright- yes, I know again. But ask her and offer to go to the doctors with her if it continues to hurt her.
And not eating... Vivs, are you forcing yourself not to eat, or are you not hungry? There is a difference, so I think what you need to do is ask yourself why you're not eating. If you're not eating because you're just not hungry, then that's fine. But if there is an underlying reason much more serious than you have to do something about it. If you're sad and just can't eat- you have to talk about it. To someone you trust and get it out and we can help you solve it.
And don't worry about Ken. He's not tyour boyfriend- if Karin is happy being with him, then be happy for her. :) And I'm sure when it comes to you, 'the boy' will be happy to pay, or not pay in some instances, for you to be happy. :)
Luce
hey. i read you blog -- was looking forward to it since you haven't been writing for ages.
i'm sorry for the bad day you had. And yes, i really do hope your grandma is ok because i think that happened to MY grandma once. If not, it was my brother - in the toilets because the floor was still wet and its on tiles.
And I must say you are a very honest person. I wish I can be like you, but I'm asian, and cheap and i think it's born in me that I am cheap and likes people shouting me stuff. And yeh, last time I walked with Karin and Ken Chen on monday after school for only a short minute or so, I can tell he's really quiet and he doesn't talk much. I'm not sure whether he's usually like that or not. Don't worry about it.
At least you don't have duke of ed camp to haunt you, unlike me. I'm not looking forward to it. Most definately not
viv love
What wouldve happened if you stood up to your dad. just asking. but ur grandma should be fine. but it is hell scary wen they fall sick.
i havnt met ken yet but maybe the next couple of times we meet him itll e okay. or we should meet him separately?
xoxo
Hey, first time commenting on your blog but i think that i should, rather than just reading and leaving without any words of comfort.
This is a little late but i really hope that your grandma is doing better. I can't say i know what you're going through about this particular issue because my grandparents don't live with me but i think i can try to imagine what it feels like.
I think that if you cared about someone, whether they are family or friends, injuries or anything that hurts them will also hurt you. I guess the degree of hurt that you feel depends on how close they are to you. I won't pretend that i know what i'm talking about because i know that i don't, i'm not qualified to analyse a situation, i just want to share some opinion.
Well, anyway, because your grandma is older, as my mum always says, the older you get the 'crunchier' your bones get and they will no longer heal like children's bones do. I guess the silver lining in this is to think that it wasn't worse than it could've been- touch wood. I know that this sounds somewhat insensitive but that's what i've been trying to do, in a bad situation claim back the experiences you've been given and use those to prepare yourself for similar circumstances because your experiences can only make you stronger.
So in the kenchen situation, forget the awkwardness (well, maybe it's impossible to forget, but let them go at least) and remember that at least you know a little more about him and the next time you meet him, maybe the awkwardness would've died down a little.
Sure the awkwardness on Friday was really horrible but i look back on it and think, 'i'm glad i decided to go because if i didn't, i would probably still be wondering what he's like and whether he is really right for Karin.'
i completely agree with Lucy, 'if Karin is happy being with him, then be happy for her'.
to be honest i had my doubts but now i realise that i'm in no position to judge. Everything happens for a reason so no matter what happens, we can take away what we now know and use it in the future.
With the situation with your Dad, i know how it feels. Sometimes, my Dad yells at me or my brother or my Mum or all of us at the same time for the smallest reasons; things that are pointless. It makes me so angry but i can't do anything about it so i just stand there and take it.
And later, i wonder if he knows that he overreacted.
Anyway, i'm sorry if what i said only made the situation worse or if i said some really corny, stupid things. I'm hopeless at giving advice.
I hope that things have improved. I'm glad to see that you're eating again =) Food is way too wonderful to give up. But i know that sometimes, you just can't help it.
=) Thuy
Post a Comment