Hey people.
I know it's been a long time. But honestly, I haven't had the inspiration to write anything and it's better to have inspiration and write something that's worth reading than to just post any old information that doesn't even matter at all.
I should probably do the "7 things" that I was tagged to do but I'll do it another time.
Today, I felt like talking about families. This spur of an idea was inspired by last night's movie which i borrowed and watched called "The Land of Women". I can't say it was the best film, because honestly, it wasn't, but it did have some really good themes in there that made me want to talk about in this blog. While I was hanging out the laundry, my brain started to think of things to say and yeah...here I am now, trying to write all the wonderful thoughts that I had made up outside. I probably won't remember all of it but I think I got the gist of it. Whatever, I'll just write whatever comes to mind
So Family....
This holiday, I've surrounded myself around my family...not that I really had a choice, seeing as no one really invited me to go out other than my family but that's besides the point (I know I sound like I total loner but meh)
Anyways..back to family. I've come to a realisation that family is really important. They're the people that know you the best and who have got your best interest at heart. And most of all, they are the people who you fall back into when you find that there is no one else out there that really cares about you, who understands you.
Of course, I understand that this isn't the case for some people. I know that not all families are perfect. I'm definately not saying that they have your best interest at heart by hitting you and abusing you. But I'm talking about the other families. The ones who actually do care about you and allow you to find yourself, supporting you every step of the way. And maybe, sometimes they may not approve of the things that you do and end up in huge arguments, because no family is perfect, but they will be there for you when things get really bad, when you find that you have no one else to turn to because in the end, they are your family. You guys are families and nothing can change that.
I know some people believe that friendship is more important than families, due to their own experiences and I fully understand that. This is not some sort of preaching thing where I am advising you that Family is Important and should be your priority. This is just something that I was thinking about and wanted to share.
As I was saying...friendship could be very important and in some ways, it is. But can friendships last forever? Some can. I really believe that some can. There are just some friendships that are so strong that despite what happens, will never break, will never waver. But then there are also some that do. Some that turn out so ugly that there is no turning back. Someone that you've known for the longest time, just gone, just like that. Friendships can be like that. Sometimes when you really really desparately need them, they can never be there for you because there are these barriers that they have to overcome in order to get there and sometimes, it's just not possible to overcome them. When you get into a huge argument, sometimes, it gets so bad that it's just too hard to cope you just end up never seeing that person again. They are out of your life and will only become a distant memory, something that can be replaced by another person.
But it's not that easy with families. Your family are the people you grew up with. The people who knew when you first took your first step, when you started to speak, the people you went to when you were bullied, the ones who knew the number of times you wet yourself in your pants. The arguments you will have with them, may be pointless, may be important, may be small, may be large, but at the end of the day, you will always forgive them because they are family. No matter how bad they hurt you, how much their words hurt you, you will never ever turn your back on them because in the end, you may be the only thing that they have left, the only thing that's left for them to keep sane, to not cross over to the dark side and do silly things. No matter what happens, you will always manage to get through it because you are family, because they are the people who you grew up with, who you are familiar with. People that can't be replaced, no matter how far and wide you look.
If you think about, don't you name your most important people your family? The one you love, the one you will live for, till death do you part, you call your husband. Your best friend, one that you have know your entire life and knows you inside out, you would say that they are like your sister or your brother. Someone older than you who you find you have a really really strong connection to, you would say that they are like your mother or your father. So my next point is that, family doesn't mean the people you are directly related to by blood. If they are, then they are definately your family, but if they aren't, they can still be your family without having to somehow transfuse bloods together in order to become blood related...not that I've ever heard of anyone doing that...coz that's a little strange.
But yeah...at the end of the day, I believe that family is most important.
So today, or whenever you can, make sure you really cherish your family. You don't have to do anything extravagant, it's the little things that really mean the most anyways. Because you never know what may happen in the future. And forget the past, the awful things that either of you have said. Live in the present and really get to know your family, because you never know what you might find ;) and just because
Family is most important :)
~Aurora
Friday, April 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I agree. Family is the most important, followed after by good friends, love and joy.
Families will always be there for you. Of course there will be ups and downs, but their love for you is unconditional. Nothing can move their love for you. It's like a a big rock. It's hard to shove. They'll always be there, and even though their presence can sometimes be daunting, you know you can trust them and lean back on them when you need support, or just family to love :)
Yeah, its different for everyone, but my family is the most important also. Theres been ups and downs so many of the times but if i think about it, the happiest moments of my life have been with my family. And at this age, we change so fast there isnt really a chance to strap onto anyone.
x
Post a Comment