Thursday, May 6, 2010

Money

Hey, I haven't been on in a while have i?

No worries, I'm here now. Though, i actually shouldn't be since I have a history test tomorrow that I should be studying for but meh.

Now, onto the topic of today's post. MONEY.

I dunno what you guys think when i say "money" but to me, money is a scary thing. It's like, something that is needed to make the world go round and without it, you'll be a beggar on the streets, and even then, you earn little scraps of money to survive on. Like my grandma says "you can't even get on the bus if you are missing just 5 cents".

Now, I know in economics, money is just a means of transferring goods from one place to another and it's really not that important. But in reality, it is a necessity in life. That's what makes it so scary. Us, as children, don't really understand the concept of money and the effects it has on people's lives. People go corrupt because of money, some do anything to get it. But us children, just somehow get money and spend it like there is no tomorrow because we don't understand the hardships in order to obtain that money...yet.

Some day, we will all grow up and realise that money is a scary thing. We will all struggle to obtain that money, work hard to gain it and try to save as much as we can with what we can get, all the while paying bills, buying groceries and all that jazz. I just find it daunting to have to go out there and find money. Sure, we all say that we'll buy a house, a car and all the "necessities" that we need, but we always seem to miss out the most important factor that links all those things, and that is Money. Sigh, it's just depressing to think about. I mean $10 000 doesn't seem to daunting now, but if i was to start working long and tiring hours, $10 000 would seem like an impossible goal, especially with all the bills I'll have to pay, the rent, food and other wants along the way.

Man..i'm worried just thinking about it. I dunno if i've really argued my point very well and if it even makes sense, but the topic just seemed to pop up and I felt like writing it down and sharing it with you guys.

Well, i better go and study. I am tired shitless and I wanna get a little bit of studying done before going to sleep to face hell tomorrow!

Night night

~Aurora

1 comment:

Carmen said...

Yes you have. I want to hear more about it.