Hello peeps!
I just finished my Japanese exam today. I only have Japanese speaking to do.
I must say that the Japanese exam was not as bad as I had expected. I was able to walk out of that exam without feeling and regrets...well, not any major ones anyways. But then again, I had tried really hard to study the day before. I actually did some really productive studying and dedicatedly listened to Japanese stuff to prepare myself for the listening. And I think it really did pay off!
Out of all my exams so far, Modern history is still the worse. So I'm not exactly sure whether or not I should keep it for year 12. I'm definitely dropping Japanese, there is no doubt about that.
Actually, today I missed the bus after my exam and had to catch the train to Hurstville to catch the bus and ended up missing that one too. I ended up walking home. And for some reason, I tend to get into a contemplative mood as I walk home. So I was thinking about why I did not feel relieved or delighted to have finished my last Japanese listening, reading and writing exams.
I came to the conclusion that despite Japanese being difficult and hard to keep up with during the last couple of months, it really has been a joy to learn. It always delights me to be able to pick up some words when something Japanese comes up. Learning a second language is definitely hard, but to be able to learn it and understand and speak in it is definitely a joy and something to be proud of.
Of course, I can't exactly say that for myself but it definitely has been an amazing experience to have learnt another language. And while I'm not continuing to learn it, I definitely want to pursue learning it later on when I have the time to actually sit down and learn it slowly but surely.
So as for now, it's ta-ta for now to Japanese...well, after my speaking exam that is. And I'm sure i'll see you again some time :)
~Aurora
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment