Hey guys.
I've been meaning to write in this blog for ages, as always. I suppose now is a good time as any, to give you guys an update on my life.
It's the start of year 12, and although it has only just begun, I'm feeling the pressure already. Now, I'm not sure if you guys know, but I love maths. Not in the obssessed, I do maths everyday kind of love, but the I'm actually good at maths and enjoy doing it. So, it would only be right that I chose 4 unit maths as one of my subjects for year 12.
I had actually been all excited about it. Ha! Looking back now, which isn't that far back, I just wanna laugh at my own naivety. 4 unit maths is much harder than I expected. with 3 periods for each unit, I am doing 12 out of 40 periods a week, of maths. It might not seem as bad, but having to do 3 unit and 4 unit maths within that time frame, having more than one exercise of homework a day, it is really horrible. To top it off, I go tutoring for 3 unit and 4 unit maths, both for 3 hours, on Saturday and Sunday. More maths homework!. I can honestly say that I really really really dislike maths right now, which is really surprising coming from my mouth.
I remember back last year I think, or was it this year. Some time or rather, the deputy principal at our school was talking to us about subject selections. When he got to 4 unit maths, he said "If you do 4 unit maths, you have to eat, drink and sleep maths". I had laughed back then. But now, I can only nod my head in agreement with that statement. That is a truly accurate statement.
I'm struggling to jugglee all this maths and still focus on all the other work that I have to get done. I could rant on and on about each subject and the amount of work that i have to do, but I shall spare you the detail since I'm sure you guys can all imagine it yourselves.
I really need to get organised with my work, and at the same time, I want to make sure that I leave myself some time to breathe. After all, you can't successfully swim if you don't come up for air once in a while.
I would love to go on and talk to you guys about more meaningful things but alas, I have to run to go and do some work.
I wish you guys all the best of luck and I shall try to blog again soon.
~Aurora
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I love it when you blog, Vivs. I think your blog is one of the ones I enjoy reading the most, and I don't say that often, so that is a compliment ;)
We're all naive in our own little ways, but I don't think this was a bad choice for you to make. If you like maths, like you say you do, you should do it because doing the subjects you like will (most of the time) get you the marks. Who in the world gets 100% for the subjects they dislike learning about? No one can. Trust me. I hated science and failed in it. But you like maths, and sure, it is time consuming and maybe even a little hard, but I think that's because you're not used to it yet. You've only tried 4U for about a week. That's not much of a taste of the subject yet, so I think you should hang onto it for a while longer.
But yes, do come up for a breather once in a while. It'd be therapeutic :) Good luck, dearie, you'll do great, I just know it! Aza!
Post a Comment