Sunday, March 27, 2011

Guys

Hmm..how to start discussing this topic.

Well, recently I have made a few guy friends, which is pretty significant for me since I go to an all girls school and barely have any contact with guys, not to mention I am way to shy to even talk to one. Okay, so when I said a few guys, I actually only meant 2 - one which is a little messed up in the head and annoys me to no end and one that is genuinely nice and that I have become quite close to. But that's not the point I want to discuss today. The actual thing that I wanna talk about is whether us girls change because of our contact with guys. Because the thing is, I've had a number of friends, and I'm not saying this happens to all girls, but I have had a number of friends who have changed so much because of their contact with guys, whether it be being just friends with them or actually dating them.

I had one particular friend who I had been really close to but then once they went out with a group of people, boys included, and actually got a boyfriend, her attitude totally changed. Even her style of clothing has changed. And now, I barely talk to her anymore. It's like I don't know her anymore, I don't even know what to say to her anymore.

And this leads me to ask: why is it that when some girls hang out with guys, they change so much? If they don't change, they spend so much time with their guy friends that they tend to forget their girl friends who have stuck by them for so long. What happened to chicks before dicks? And does this happen all the time? Do girls always change after they hang out with guys or date guys or is it just some? And how can you resist such changes and still be able to have close relationships with both?

Haha, I know that I just blurted out a whole lot of questions. But it's been bugging me for a while and I thought I would post it up.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against guy friends. In fact, I actually think it's pretty cool. Hanging around guys rather than girls, you can get such a different perspective of things. And most guys are so laid back, unlike girls who always tend to overthink things. I just want to know how you can balance girl and guy friends so that you don't have to disregard either one in order to hang out with one.

Hmm...I wonder if I have changed because of my friendship with guys. I certainly hope not.

So yeah, if anyone has any answers or any opinions, post a comment coz I would love to hear others' thoughts on the matter :)

~Aurora

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hiiiii lol i'm glad you told me about you and St. Or I would seriously have thought that person you mentioned was about me.
And no, you haven't changed at all. Which is good.
And for me, I'm glad that I broke up with him then cos if i didn't then maybe I'd have changed much more than I would have liked.

Jo March said...

Well.

Change is inevitable. I think, as someone deprived of male company, then thrust into a throng of testosterone, your attitude does change. Not drastically but, still. I know when I'm in the company of guys, I swear more, make more references to computers, CoD and I say 'dude' a hell of alot more. And I become more sarcastic. But then, that can be said of anyone regardless of gender. You change depending on who you spend time with. We as humans, are social chameleons- and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Or maybe that's me. The way in which I change around guys, is that I become more guylike, in order to fit in and blend to the situation. Others may become bitchy towards womenfolk, and flirtatious- I dunno.

I have a male friend- a completely straight male friend- and his entire group comprises of girls. That's who he's comfortable with and in observing him in the company of other menfolk, he doesn't change his girly theatrical ways. Maybe women are more susceptible to change induced by the company of people their with. Or maybe, again that's just me.

Interesting post.

And who's the friend that's changed due to having a boyfriend?