Friday, May 22, 2009

The people around me

"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself."
~Unknown~
Today i have learnt a lot. A lot of how important it is to trust in yourself and your friends. About how I am not totally alone in that dark, black hole. And how there are many, many people around me who will be there whenever i fall. I thank you guys all, for your kind words and the comfort you give to me.
I am proud to say that I didn't shed a tear today. I am a step closer to that exit again. And i know it will be hard and I am absolutely dreading it. But I am comforted by the fact that I have many people surrounding me and cushioning my fall if i was ever to fall.
But I have also noticed that there are some who tread around me after they found out how I am feeling inside. I am no different from who i was, so there is no need to tread around me. They ask how I feel and question me once more just to make sure. Well..i am fine. I really am. It warms me to know that they care about me. But please note that I am still me. I haven't changed in any way or form. I may feel bad sometimes, but that is only occasionally. By slowly treading around me, careful not to pull at the wrong string, it makes me feel as if i am not normal. That i have something wrong with me. And while that may be the case, it is disheartening to be shown this. I'm sure that even those that do have something wrong with them do not want to be pampered just because they have something wrong because it is just a reminder to them that they are not normal. I am just the same.
So please, I am totally grateful that you guys are worried about me and care about my well being. But i really don't need to be pampered. I will be fine if you just treat me normally.
~Aurora

3 comments:

Carmen said...

sure thang sista

lucy said...

Okay.
Sorry about treading around you. Don't worry, I won't do it again. I'll be crazy again. :)

Anonymous said...

did i tread around you? cos i'm not sure if i did.

anyway i'm glad your grateful for our words of comfort =]=]=]=]=]=]=]=]=]=]=]=]