Ah...today I had the oppotunity of understanding the bitter taste of failure...literally! As you would've known if you had read my last post, I had planned to make banana pancakes today. However, when frying the pancakes, they were too mushy, causing them to be unable to be flipped over and when they were able to, they were burnt. Not only that, but they tasted very bitter. This is due to the fact that, we had no baking powder at home and my sister and I agreed that baking soda was the same thing, so we substituted that instead. BAD MOVE! This would explain why the pancakes were bitter the last time I made pancakes as well. Sigh...and here I was thinking it was the burnt butter. I had to chuck the batter away because we just couldn't use it.
It was very heartbreaking :( Note: If you have no baking powder, a good substitute would be just to not include it and use self-raising flour instead of plain flour, because it essentially is the same thing as baking powder.
Anyways, I've wasted enough time dilly-dallying on the internet today. I have to get cracking on my assignments or else I am so screwed! Which..technically, I already am. Mannn...what the hell am I going to do??
~Aurora
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
LOL vivian!! iv had the same experience... :( one time i really badly wanted these muffins to rise so i put in like a TONNE of bakin soda .... tasted like puke. :(
Post a Comment