Sitting alone in the kitchen of my house, listening to the peaceful music of Yiruma, I feel oddly at peace. It made to start to think about a home of my own.
For starters, it had to be an apartment because i think anything bigger would be too big for only myself to live in. Secondly, I would love for a cosy couch which i could grab some blankets and my laptop to snuggle up in as I surfed on the internet and did other stuff. A small, cute kitchen would be lovely, with a countertop (i think that's what they call it) so I can eat breakfast there. Of course, if i could, I would love an apartment which looked out to the ocean or where you could view the sun rise every morning. It sounds absolutely wonderful. The floor would be mostly carpet except for the kitchen and the toilet and the laundry room which obviously has to be tiles. This would ensure a cosy atmosphere within the house because I think that tiles makes the home feel cold.
I would also have a veranda where there would be a nice chair which I could sit on and read a book while looking out to the scenery. The walls within the house would be a simple, baby pink or very faded pink that is almost white. Around the house would be pictures of all different shapes and sizes of me with the people close to me or of scenery, the places I've been too, anything!
Now, as for my room, it would be the same colour as the rest of the house, maybe a little shade darker but nothing too dark. And I could stick those shadowy pictures that I've been around to add little touches to it. I don't require a huge room, a fairly average sized room would be a-okay with me. And I would have a little vanity mirror and a wardrobe full of clothes and things. A window would also be good, facing the nice scenery preferably. I would place my bed under the window so that when the sunlight shines in the morning, I could wake up to it :) A beanbag would also be good in my room, or maybe just a cushiony chair. Of course, a desk would also be necessary.
That's a rough description of a nice cosy home which I wouldn't mind having. I'm a very simple girl who doesn't need extravagant things to make me feel happy.
What's your dream home?
~Aurora
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
That sounds amazing, Vivs! I think you would def be able to save up for your own little apartment at a young age, just like the one you described :)
I think my idea of a perfect home is a cottage. A nice, simple cosy English cottage that would be like a family home- big and cosy enough for a big family with kids and maybe even a dog :) One with a big garden (with a garden patch where I can plant flowers and vegies and herbs), and a really cosy kitchen where I can bake (even if the baking won't be good, he he). A cottage with a lot of windows, and walls where I can hang pictures, sorta like the ones you described. *sigh* just thinking about it makes me giddy, ha ha.
Post a Comment